Monday, May 16, 2011

A story about fairness

There is 2 things that really piss me off.
The first one is people who lie and the second is things that are unfair.

This post in dedicate to my blog buddy Kayla from The Eclectic Element, that a while ago published a post that pissed me off since it's about unfairness and liars and injustice.

You can read all about her story here: How is this fair?!?

Some of my readers know that I do have some beef with how broken and unfair is the school system in the States, but this really takes the cake for me.

So, dear school superintends, supervisors, directors, senators and governors let me tell you something! We live in a country where education is a right, a HUMAN RIGHT. Well, students that are ill/with special needs are HUMAN....hello????????

Do you think they choose to be ill/with special needs? Do you think they enjoy to have to jump though hoops to get what's granted for people they are not ill/with special needs??? Let me answer than for you: NO, THEY DO NOT!

And for them and their families there are enough aggravation to go around for 4-5 lifetimes, so move your lazies a$es and fix the damn school system and stop bother people that are trying to better themselves for a chance. STOP eating the money for your paycheck and giving people with already hard times more crap to add the pile.

THANK YOU!

Signed
A pissed off mother of a child with autism and dear friend of a Lymie.

Thinking of this situation, this song comes to mind:


Thank you all for reading my rant and please, help people like me and Kayla to spread awareness.
We need to speak up for people falling in between the cracks thinking that for their illness, they don't deserve basic services.
If you're one of these people out there reading this:
YOU'RE WORTH IT!!

I will not stop advocating for this issue until I still have breath in me.

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that's not right anyway you look at it. Sometimes just telling everyone about it- on a local level - can be a BIG step in getting things changed.

This may have happened because:
1. most people probably aren't aware The principle had the authority to do this,
2. most people probably aren't aware the principle actually did it!
I doubt any announcements were made to make those NOT directly affected aware of this change. I hope everyone in this community is screaming to change this poorly made decision!

Allison said...

*hugs*

Michele said...

OMG! My fave song ever....for realz! How did you know? lol LOVE LOVE LOVE that band! ♥

Adaptable Kay said...

I'm so sorry it took me this long to comment on this wonderfully written post!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lu! This is absolutely amazing-And not only was this brought on by my situation, but like you said, your son and numerous other people are suffering through injustices like this everyday, and yes, it pisses us off O.o

Hopefully by writing posts like this and speaking up, we can make a difference in people's lives :)

JaMean said...

As a paraeducator in the Special Ed department, may I ask what sort of injustices? You should SERIOUSLY consider moving to my state/area. We have the best program which is incredibly fair and painless to families. There are more advocates and resources than there are for Regular Ed students. :)

Hang in there, you are receiving more graces and blessings than you will ever know. Remember, God will never give you more than you can handle.

Unknown said...

so the fact the Kayla's school removed her program and fired her tutor and the fact that I had to put my son in a private school 'cause the public one didn't have the needed services aren't injustices enough?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...