Thursday, April 4, 2013

Autism Awareness videos

If you read my blog regularly, you might already have seen these 2 videos I made about my son. 

 If you don't read my blog regularly....well, what's wrong with you?!?!?!?! Just kidding. 

If you don't know it yet, I'm the proud mom of a young man on the spectrum and I love him so much!

 These videos were made about him to raise awareness about Autism.  
  

 Autism is a developments disability that affects several areas such communication, learning and social interaction. 

When most people think about Autism, they picture in their head a person that doesn't talk, makes noises and flaps their hands. 
While this is true, there are also lighter forms of Autism that can go hidden for a long time. 

Looking at my son, it will take you a while to see that he's "different", but nonetheless he's affected by this disability. Plus he was diagnoses with ADD and Tourette Syndrome. 

I, myself, have a light form of Asperger. I fake through things most of the times so people won't see it too well, but it's there. 

 Learn about Autism. 
While we can be prepared for "typical" people, the world still needs to be prepared about us. 
Please.
post signature

1 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Couldn't have written anything better myself! I especially like the videos added because it gives it a real personal depth and dimension to this awareness post; your beautiful son is a REAL person with Autism.

Every little bit counts towards educating others!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...