Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gabriel's update


I thought to write about what's going on on Gabriel's world since it's been a while that I did that.

My followers know that he started a new school at the beginning of January. He did miss one week because of a cold, so he just completed his third week in this new school today.

We already started to see few little changes here and there and I can tell Gabriel is much happier and thus healthier.

Of course, there is still room to grow, but it's so much better compared to the drama and destruction that was going on before Christmas.

I'm so proud of my little guy, for all the efforts he's making and all the changes he had to endure and his teachers are too (yup he has a whole team working on him!)

And I can't even start to describe the sense of relief and safety that we all feel, knowing that we are all working in the same direction and in the same path, at school and at home......simply priceless.

Plus tomorrow we are going to have a Parents night out.....do you know how long it's been since me and hubby had a night date??? Well, if you please tell me, 'cause I can't remember!

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I just read a little about your problems with schooling for Gabriel on the Artfire forum. I'm so pleased you have found a good school for him and that he's responding well. I have a great nephew who was autistic. His parents were fortunate to be able to take him to an expert in Florida, and were later able to get funding to help them do play therapy with him at home. They worked tirelessly with him every day for about 3 years. He is now a teenager and so well adjusted, it's wonderful. I hope for as good an outcome for Gabriel,
pam x

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw Lu, I know we've talked about Gabriel's acclimation in school already, but I'm still so happy for both him AND you! It's definitely a stress reliever to know that things are mostly taken care of :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...