Monday, October 22, 2012

ROAR!!

I'm one of the lucky person that at the beginning of the school year was able to find a job in the school system as a cafeteria monitor. 
I love my job as it allows me to interact with children between ages of 5 to 10 and it's only 3 hours per day, so I don't get burned out from it: I like that I have plenty time to recharge for the next day. 

One of my duty (among a billion of other) is to make sure that the kids have all they need to have a comfortable time during lunch, like silver wares, napkins, straws and such. 
That means a lot of walking back and forth between the containers at the end of the room and the various tables and reminding who asked me what. 
It's not very easy, so I decided to cut the chase and wear an apron where I could accommodate all the goodies is various pockets and give a quick and accurate service to each child in the room. 

And what better way to do this if not with an handmade apron made by Alicia from Sewn From The Heart
I already had her cupcake apron she made for me a while back, but since the mascot of the school is a tiger, I asked her to handcraft 2 more aprons for me and my coworker to honor the mascot. 
And she beautifully delivered! 

 

The kids were thrilled to see the new aprons at lunch time!!! 

 I love working with Alicia, she always understand exactly what I want and her products always exceed my expectations. 

Must be reciprocal as she also wrote some lovely words about my creations on her blog: go check it out!
post signature

3 comments:

Ali said...

I, too, have many Sewn items: aprons, travel tissue pack holders, pillow cases, market bags (she sells them as crib organizers) and more!

Adaptable Kay said...

What a fantastic idea you had to get something that goes along with your job and makes it easier as well as promoting school spirit! :)

I bet you look absolutely fabulous sporting your new tiger stripped apron at lunch time ^.^

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I bet the children love you and your apron =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...