Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Can't catch a break!

So yesterday was the big day, the day that off I went to take my citizenship test. 
All was planned and Monday night, we loaded the car and started driving to Jacksonville where I had reserved a lovely hotel room to rest before going to the Homeland Security Office. 

We arrived to the Best Western hotel at 1 am and was warmly greeted, they made me "guest of the day" and my name was in bald letters on their board at the entrance.....wish I took a picture of it! 
Plus, once in the room I found a sweet gift bag with 2 bottle of water and snacks for the kids, which was more than appreciated, since we were tired, exhausted and hungry. 
I didn't get the chance to get a picture of the little gift bag or the room before we messed it up unfortunately, but when I woke up in the morning, I caught a lovely view outside the window, just before sunrise. 


It was so beautiful and peaceful, it was just too bad that I had business to do elsewhere!! 
But we had time to enjoy the lovely breakfast they served which included everything for every tastes and needs, from eggs, to bread, to waffles, milk, coffee and pastries.....oh my!! 
I really wish I wasn't so nervous about the test I was gonna take! 

 Anyway, we arrived promptly at the Homeland Security Office and after a little wait it was my turn! I was shaking, but all went well and I'm happy to report that in a month or 2 I will be "officially" sworn in and become American! 

 All was well and we were on our way home thinking of a cool way to celebrate the event when the car starts acting up.....in the middle of the interstate!!! 
We barely make it to the next exit and at this point is clear that we need to have it towed :( 


And so the wait started! the tow truck finally came and it can bring us to the closer dealership, about 5 miles away. So a trip to the ATM and $120 later, we are at the dealership to see what the damage is but everybody is out for lunch......so we wait again! We do end up catching the longest train I ever saw just outside the glass walls of the dealership tho! 


Turns out that the transmission gave out :( 
 So we had to get a rental and try to get home the best I can..... 

I'm trying to stay positive and thinking that it could have been worse. 
I'm trying to get out of my head that this is not karma trying to tell me that becoming an American citizen just wasn't the right thing to do. 

BUT, the truth of the matter is that just now I was feeling like things were looking up and now I'm back to square one :(
post signature

1 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Well, the good news is that you passed your test with flying colors and you'll soon become an American citizen! :)

The bad news is it sounds like your car went kaput o.O

This does NOT mean that you shouldn't be doing something you've dreamt of for a long time!

You know my philosophy: Everything happens for a reason. Just keep holding on and things will get better my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...