Sunday, October 26, 2008

And Now I Present: North Star Jewellery Design

This little etsy shop whom owner was so kind to feature me on their blog!!!





1. What is the name of your etsy shop and what do you sell?
My Etsy shop name is http://www.northstarjewellery.etsy.com/ and I sell handcrafted jewellery for todays discerning woman.

2. Where are you located?
I am located in Co Donegal, Ireland.

3. Do you have your own website/store outside of Etsy?
I have a website that links to etsy, http://www.doylejewellerydesign.com/ and I also have a blog http://www.doylejewellerydesign.blogspot.com/

4. How long have you been doing your craft/art and how did you get started?
I have always been very artistic, painting and drawing whenever I had the time to do so. It was only 4 years ago, when pregnant on my daughter that I discovered the wonderful world of jewellery making and I haven't looked back since!

5. Who or what inspires you to create?
So many things! Nature is a huge source of inspiration for me, especially the ocean..also people, or it could be the words of a song or a poem..a chapter from a book...

6. Do you listen to music when you work, and if so what kind?
Always, it depends on my mood and could be anything from Vivaldi's four seasons to Metallica to Doris Day!

7. What do you like least/most about your craft?
I like least that I have to source nearly all my jewellery supplies out of Ireland because it is so very expensive to get them here.. What I like most is the creative process, and also the look on someones face when they see one of my pieces and then buy it because they like it so much-that is always good!

8. Describe your workspace?
I have my very own room in the house for my art and crafts. It is small, but light and airy with one corner housing my office area (eg computer, printer, cameras etc). The rest is all storage for my jewellery and painting supplies, my easels, my work table and my books (of which there are many!)

9. What is one of your best moments as a crafter/artist?
One of my best moments is when I sold almost everything I had brought with me to a private jewellery party- that was a great night :-)

10. What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own craft business?
I would say be very prepared to work hard. Having your own craft business is not for the faint of heart, and you have to be brave to follow your dreams, because only you can get yourself where you want to go. But it is so worth it at the end of it all...how many people do you know that can say they are truly happy in their jobs?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...