Sunday, December 16, 2012

For the victims in Connecticut....

I tried to make a post about this tragedy several times since I've heard the news, but every time I started crying and had to stop. 

I work at an elementary school and I have both my kids at an elementary school.....I've been having nightmares and anxiety attacks since Friday. You know, since I'm Autistic and all....I can't even imagine what those families are going through. 

 And every single detail that we're getting from the media, is literally making me sick. 

I've expressed my position of Autism linkage with violence before here (PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT), and I'm not going down that road again. 

BUT.....this is not about me or the mental (un)health of the shooter, it's about the little 20 children and the 6 school personnel that died, it's about their families and relatives having to bury children and loved ones, it's about families and an entire community having somehow to cope this 10 days before Christmas, it's about broken trust in humanity and broken hearts of innocent people. 

Pay your respect with me, if you please. 

post signature

1 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

I couldn't agree with you more Lu; I just couldn't fathom it on Friday and it made me sick to my stomach to watch television or go online because that's all you saw!

It's still a lot of what you see and four days later, now that they're starting to SHOW the faces of the little children that lost their lives, that just does me in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...