Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crocheted Little Things on youtube!

Trying this one out right now, making little videos that I hope will help you get to know me better.


I'm writing, what I'm saying below.

Hi, this is Lu. I'm going to start a series of videos on youtube to help me promote my business because times are tough right now, money is tight and I really need a boost to help arrive at the end of the month.

I hope you can understand my accent: I came from Italy and English is my second language and I'm really not used to talk in English in public. So, If you have any difficulties understanding me, I will make a close captioning on my blog and post the link in the details of this video for you to click on and read what I'm saying if your cannot understand it.Align Center
I want to talk a little bit about my business. I opened a little shop called "Crocheted Little Things" and in the very beginnings I really didn't know what I wanted to do with it, just wanted to crochet and sell something, but then I started crocheting cupcake and I had lots of fun making them. Everyone likes them and I'm trying to expand my line, including more food-related stuff and I hope you're going to like it too, so I'm going to show you something that I made.
Those are good examples of what I make:

This is a red velvet cake, with a turquoise blue top frosting and this

is one of the cupcakes that I made for Easter. I think the light is really bad and I don't think you can really see the colors, but the yarn is really rainbow looking with sparkles of white, pink, green, blue and yellow and I think was really cute for Easter.
I make those with a little weight on the bottom, so they can stand on a table and they can be used as pincushions from seamstresses, so they can have all their pins in place.

Another example, and this is really new and I'm really proud of it, is my birthday cake that I made with a candle on it


They have a little stretch cord on the top, and I sold a lot of those like Christmas ornaments. This is the only one that I have in stock right now because Christmas is not here yet, but I'm definitely going to stock on these because during Christmas time they fly off my shelves.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my cupcakes. I'm going to make more videos eventually, showing you more products and I think I'm going to show you some other handmade goodies that I've got from my friends, because there are really really a lots of talents out there (sorry for the beep of my dryer LOL) and I think people don't even know. So, I hope with this videos to give a chance to someone to get noticed and known.

I hope you enjoyed and you can understand my accent.
That's all for now, I see ya later, bye!!!

I didn't have a speech prepared and I was kinda of stiff, again I apologize for my accent and grammar. Hopefully with time I'll be able to take better videos and I've few idea for tutorials that you all can enjoy!

post signature

3 comments:

sewfunquilts said...

wonderful and your cupcakes are darling.

Samy said...

Such a cute video! I love your accent :) I enjoyed seeing some of your creations and learning more about you. I look forward to more videos soon ^.^

Adaptable Kay said...

I refuse to accept your apology for your accent/grammar because I totally LOVE your accent!

Seriously, I think you are so adorable :D :D :D

I really hope that branching into the vlogging world will bring more attention to your business {and hopefully more business itself!}

I look forward to seeing more videos in the future ^.^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...